How We Work
Our activities support and complement the humanitarian work of our partners in remote, hard to reach locations. We coordinate our flight schedules to accommodate the needs of our partners, facilitating easier, quicker and safer access to areas of greatest need regardless of religious belief.
In disaster response we are often first on scene, conduct aerial assessments and share the surveys with decision making authorities to inform the most effective coordinated response among our partners. Our long term presence in over 25 of the poorest countries provides local expertise, knowledge, language and contacts.
Our passengers include staff and teams from: government departments, bilateral agencies, international and national NGOs, and the United Nations.
MAF partnership and participation includes:
- Representation on local security and humanitarian networks in countries where MAF programmes operate.
- European membership of BOND and EU-CORD, and is a member of the Humanitarian Emergency Fund (DEC) Scotland.
- Membership of EU-CORD ensures access to: Voluntary Organisations in Cooperation in Emergencies (VOICE) Confederation of Relief and Development (CONCORD); International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC); and the VIVA Network.
- An MOU with Integral Alliance and World Vision.
- Close collaboration with Medair and Swiss Development Corporation (SDC)
- Close communication with DFID.
- In the USA, MAF is a member of ACCORD and the Global Relief Alliance (GRA).
- Is a signatory of the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
- Is a full member of the CHS Alliance and operates in a principled, impartial, independent and neutral manner serving communities in need.